For all the people who have asked us over the years, “When will I be able to drive a solar car”?
Introducing the Arrow STF – Yours to drive and own
The Arrow STF (Sports Touring Framework) is a two seater, solar electric car, designed from day one with compliance to road regulations in mind. It uses the latest in solar and battery technology, coupled with TeamArrow’s experience in solar car racing to create a unique vision of what is possible in the pursuit of clean, efficient motoring.
As part of our development program, TeamArrow plan to race the Arrow STF over 3000km in the 2017 World Solar Challenge and then make the car commercially available for drivers who would like to own a truly unique vehicle.
The Arrow STF is a vehicle that can serve your practical everyday driving needs,
using nothing more than the power of the sun.
A number of Arrow STFs are already on pre-order to selected clients and you can register your interest below. There is no commitment required to register, but by registering you will have an opportunity to be involved in the development life of the vehicle, provide feedback and consultation on the specifications and will be able to place a order when that process officially starts.
Arrow STF – Planned Specifications
- Two seat sports car
- 5sqm of 24.4% efficient custom made solar arrays. Creating the most efficient ultra light weight solar array in the world
- The Arrow STF will be approximately 3 times more aerodynamically efficient than a traditional car
- Twin motor configuration. Race configuration will use 98% efficient motors, the most efficient vehicle motors ever built.
- Power systems by Tritium, world leaders in Solar Electric Car power systems and used by every category winner in the 2015 World Solar Challenge.
- Lightweight Lithium Ion battery pack
- Design range 300 ~400 km range at highway speeds
- 1000+ km range at city driving speeds
- Fast charger compatible plug
- Storage space in both boot (trunk) and bonnet
If you are interested in owning an Arrow STF we would encourage you to register as we are planning to make only a limited number of these vehicles.